Obtaining Copies of Records
- Recent records (post 1938) are maintained by the civil authorities. See: Civil Status
- Establish the person's religion. All pre-1938 records are held by the respective
- Detailed information about ealiest baptism, marriage and death records in the individual parishes can be found in reference books such as Handy Guide To Austrian Genealogical Records by Dagmar Senekovic (published 1979 by Everton Publishers,
- A number of useful publications are also available from IHFF
- Personal visits to the parishes or snail mail enquiries are the only solutions at present; see tips & advice.
- If the person served in the military, try the war archives.